Based in Adelaide, South Australia
Double Happy Vs. The Infinite Sadness: Pharos is a hybrid adventure which takes cues from other quirky comedic games such as Machinarium and Oddworld, with “single player co-op” controls reminiscent of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. The once majestic Isle of Pharos is one of many exotic worlds that have succumbed to the overwhelming power of the Infinite Sadness. Inhabitants great and small have fallen to the darkness. In their time of need, the cosmos grants Pharos a pair of cosmic non-rabbits to return the status quo. Is it too late? Or is Double Happy’s inane good cheer just the antidote Pharos needs?
Double Happy vs. The Infinite Sadness: Pharos, is the first of a series of games in development. We are building a vibrant active community in collaboration with CG Society and Game Artist in addition to the usual Facebook, Twitter, newsletter and IndieDB page. We also have other great content available through our website and YouTube channel including animated shorts, apps, behind the scenes content and even art competitions where the audience can have their work included in the game.
- A JOURNEY OF CHALLENGES - Use both your brain and your reflexes in this narrative driven single player, co-op adventure.
- A JOURNEY OF EXPLORATION - Guide Double Happy through lush 3D environments, each with their own unique logic and reflex challenges to overcome.
- A JOURNEY OF RESTORATION - Discover the healing power of cosmic randomness and return the land to its former splendor.
- A blend of a variety of game styles, taking cues from other quirky comedic games such as Neverhood, Machinarium and Oddworld.
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Teaser Trailer YouTube
Pre Alpha Gameplay YouTube
Webisode - Raining Drool YouTube
Webisode - Quantumly Entangled YouTube
Webisode - The Butterfly Defect YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "WINNER - BRONZE in the Game Cinematic category - Australian Effects and Animation Festival" Award Ceremony, 27th August, 2014
- "WINNER - 2012 Peter Rasmussen Innovation Award - Sydney Film Festival" Closing Night Award Ceremony, 17th June, 2012
- "WINNER - Most Creative and Original - Game Connection Europe Development Awards" Award Ceremony, 28th October, 2015
- "Nominated for Best Art - Game Connection Europe Development Awards" Award Ceremony, 28th October, 2015
- "Nominated for Best Indie - Game Connection Europe Development Awards" Award Ceremony, 28th October, 2015
- "Nominated for Best Console / PC Hardcore - Game Connection Europe Development Awards" Award Ceremony, 28th October, 2015
- "Nominated for Best Hardcore - Game Connection Europe Development Awards" Award Ceremony, 28th October, 2015
- "Nominated for Best Animation - Online Video Awards" Award Ceremony, 14th October, 2014
- "Nominated for Best Web Series - South Australian Screen Awards" Award Ceremony, 16th May, 2014
- "Nominated for Best Animation - South Australian Screen Awards" Award Ceremony, 16th May, 2014
- "We could be looking at a new-age version of Abe's Oddysee"
- Billy D / William Usher, blogjob.com - One Angry Gamer
- "It is hard to deny that this trailer is amazing and shoots Double Happy Vs The Infinite Sadness: Pharos from “under the radar” to “a firm blip on the horizon”"
- Sean Davies, psgamer.co.uk
- "...the project shows plenty of potential. The art design is wonderful..."
- James O'Connor, Games.on.net
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
We share behind the scenes info via Indie DB at indiedb.com.
Game Design / Visual Design / Animation by MONKEYSTACK
Find out more about Monkeystack at monkeystack.com.au .
Programming by OVERBYTE
Find out more about Overbyte at overbyte.com.au .
Combine the writer of 7th Guest, 11th Hour and Doom 3 with an acclaimed comedian, an award winning animation studio and a team of programmers who have worked on the likes of BioShock, World of Tanks and Final Fantasy X; then you end up with 2xCUBED.
More information on Monkeystack, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Double Happy Vs. The Infinite Sadness Credits
Director / Producer
Director / Art Director
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks